Disassembly - 7/22/2000
- Large #10 sheet metal screws into wooden railing around cockpit frame are
- Very poor fit of coaming sheet metal. No rolled edges, no pre-roll
of curve, no allowance for curve of airframe requiring shrink of coaming in
- Instrument panel upper edges secured to coaming with screws &
nuts. Should be replaced with nut plates during restoration.
Round headed screws used - original? Forward panel hanging by lower
reinforcement straps. Not attached at sides.
- Two panels present. Rear panel from rear cockpit up to forward
cockpit panel + 3", then separate panel for oil tank area. Folded
lip on forward panel covers the rear panel.
- Firewall attachment with round head #8 screws.
- Upper cowling brace attached at firewall and forward coaming panel using
larger slotted screws and nylocks. Brace in bad shape - cracked at
- Fuel tank strap not tight.
- Seats appear to be difficult to remove without first removing panels and
- Need to make provision for forward seat shoulder belts. Rear seat
shoulder belt attachment too low - needs higher attachment point.